Monday, March 12, 2012

Sweet life, indeed!


I don't post a lot about what I read around here, but this was so amazing I had to share. You see, usually I read long, technical articles about employee selection or training methodologies, which I love but it's not what one would call a leisure time activity. However, after seeing a growing pile of books on my nightstand, I vowed to read more as it helps me relax after a long day and inspires me in the days ahead.

One of the most inspirational books I read recently was David Lebovitz's The Sweet Life in Paris. Not only is it a humorous look at a fascinating city through the eyes of an expat, the stories always seem to go back to food. If you love French food or just love a good story, I cannot recommend this book enough.

Did I tell you each chapter ends with no less than one recipe? It's true. Although I have only tried two so far, they are just as wonderful as the rest of the text. This is one of those books that you breeze through so quickly that you're sad to see it go, but luckily it's full of recipes that can live on in your repertoire.

David also offers tours of Paris where he takes visitors around to the markets, bakeries, chocolate shops, etc. A girl can dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment